From the smallest track-type tractor to the largest, Cat® GRADE Technology for Dozers makes it easier for operators to be more productive and helps businesses make more money. Caterpillar is the first manufacturer to offer customers such a broad suite of Cat Connect technologies across the dozer product line, ranging from simple indicators on the cab display to full GPS systems for complex design plans.
Smart and Simple
Cat GRADE features are simple to use and integrated right into the machine at the factory – no additional hardware or software is required. Experienced operators can work more productively, and less experienced operators can achieve better quality results more quickly, in a wide variety of applications.
- Cat Slope Assist, helps operators reach target slope fast by automatically maintaining the dozer blade’s established blade angles. Finish up to 39 percent faster, with up to 68 percent better surface quality and using up to 82 percent less operator effort.* (Optional on D4K2, D5K2. Standard on D6K2, D6N, D6T**).
- Cat Stable Blade monitors blade movement and automatically adjusts raise and lower, in concert with the operator, to achieve a smoother grade quicker and with less effort. (Standard on D4K2-D6K2, D6N, D6T, D7E).
- Cat Slope Indicate displays real-time cross slope and mainfall (fore/aft orientation) of the tractor, making it easier for operators to put the machine on a desired slope and maintain that grade throughout each pass. The operator interface varies slightly by tractor model, but it is always located right on the main machine display. (Standard on D4K2-D6K2, D6N, D6T, D7E, D8T, D9T, D10T, D11T).
Scalable Productivity Boosters
For taking on more complex design plans, Cat dozers can be outfitted with optional GRADE technology that allows customers to choose features scaled to job-site needs and budgets. When combining digital design data, in-cab guidance, and automatic blade control, operators of any skill level can expect enhanced grade accuracy, reduced rework, and lower costs—whether the application is bulk earthmoving or finish grading.
- Cat Grade Control 3D is an integrated grade-control system that enables operators to improve grading efficiency, accuracy, and productivity in both production dozing and fine-grading applications. The integrated design positions antennas on the cab roof, eliminating conventional blade-mounted masts and related cables. The Cat AutoCarry™ system and the AccuGrade™ Ready Option are included in the package to further boost productivity and versatility. AccuGrade Ready Option allows AccuGrade 2D Laser and AccuGrade UTS to complement Cat Grade Control 3D. (Optional on D4K2-D6K2**, D6N, D6T, D8T, D9T).
- Cat AccuGrade is a dealer-installed aftermarket grade-control system that provides increased grading versatility and the ability to scale capacity to changing needs, providing a choice of lasers for 2D flat-plane and slope work, Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) control for complex 3D cuts and contours, and/or systems using a Universal Total Station (UTS) for fine and finish grading. AccuGrade now utilizes components of the Slope Assist system to provide an even higher level of grading performance than was previously achievable. (Optional D4K2-D6K2, D6N, D6T, D7E, D8T, D9T, D10T).
- AccuGrade Ready Option allows you to easily install or upgrade to Cat AccuGrade 2D and 3D grade-control systems to add versatility and resale value to your machine. (Optional on D4K2-D6K2, D6N, D6T, D7E, D8T, D9T).