As a rental company, innovation and continuous improvement are key areas of focus for MAXBER. So unsurprisingly, as soon as they learnt of the launch of the new Genie® GS-4655 slab scissor lift, they immediately ordered two. Compact, lightweight and equipped with the latest generation of heavy-duty, front-wheel alternating current (AC) E-drive motors, this eco-friendly machine complements the MAXBER fleet as an ideal solution for today’s increasingly high warehouse, narrow-aisle access applications. Both units were delivered this month.
Offering an indoor working height of 15.95 m (51 ft 9 in), thanks to the Genie Smart Link™ Dual Zone control system, the new Genie GS-4655 scissor lift can also work outside up to 8.55 m (27 ft 6 in), which increases its versatility. Only 1.40 m (4 ft 7 in) wide, the GS-4655 is ideal for narrow-aisle job sites, and at a weight of just 3,700 kg (8,160 lbs), this unit is also the solution for work on sensitive, load-restricted slabs and floors. Its low weight also offers the advantage of reducing transport costs. A gradeability of 25% and a breakover angle of 14° provide the ability to climb steep slopes as well as ramps, making transport easier.
Providing a class-leading horizontal outreach of 1.22 m (4 ft) with a fully rolled-out deck extension, the Genie GS-4655 scissor lift offers a 350 kg (770 lb) lift capacity for up to three people, allowing them to work in comfort on the platform together with their tools and materials.
Bernardo Gomez, CEO, MAXBER says: “At MAXBER, we are strong believers in innovation and continuous improvement. We always aim to be at the forefront in terms of offering our customers innovative product solutions that use today’s latest technology… and the Genie GS-4655 scissor lift is one of them.”
Equipped with the latest generation of fully-sealed AC E-Drive motors, the Genie GS-4655 scissor lift is designed with sustainability, green productivity and low cost of ownership in mind. Delivering the height and emissions-free power to work indoors and out, it is engineered to work productively, even in harsh outdoor jobsite conditions. Additionally, thanks to its new AC system, which replaces traditional hydraulic drive motors, this model relies on less hydraulic service points, reducing service time and costs, as well as making it cleaner and greener to operate.
Mr. Gomez continues, “As soon as Pedro Garcia (Genie Regional Manager Spain & Portugal) informed me of its coming launch, we were quick to place an order. The Genie GS-4655 scissor lift is a very interesting machine that is well adapted to the rising trend for higher warehouse applications since warehouse owners are optimising space by building higher buildings with narrow aisles to gain extra storage volume.”
“The new Genie GS-4655 scissor lift is an excellent complement to our electric scissor lift offering. In addition to allowing us to continue to differentiate ourselves from our competitors, it fills a gap in the market that offers us new business opportunities in a sector of activity which, until the launch of this innovative Genie development, was not well covered,” says Mr. Gomez.
He concludes: “Like all the latest Genie machines, the Genie GS-4655 slab scissor lift incorporates the Genie Lift Connect™ Telematics geolocation and fleet management system that provides benefits not only to us as equipment owners, but also to end users. Among others, remote diagnosis of faults, scheduling of maintenance so as not to interrupt end-user working days and optimise technical resources, are strong features.”
Other features of the new Genie GS-4655 scissor lift include:
- Side-by-side railings for easy deck extension and retraction.
- Diamond plate platform flooring for durable, long-life gripping surface.
- Side forklift pockets in the chassis, simplifying transportability, as well as jobsite or rental yard logistics and storage.
- Swing-out service trays for unobstructed access to all machine components, including the hydraulic and electrical systems. This feature simplifies service and maintenance to get machines back on rent, faster.
- Centered link stack under the platform provides the operator with a stable feel and optimal comfort while working at height.
- The proven Genie Smart Link control system simplifies troubleshooting with onboard, easy-to-read and user-friendly machine adjustments and onboard diagnostics, reducing downtime and maximizing rental return on invested capital (rROIC).
- Compatibility with the Genie Tech Pro™ Link handheld diagnostic tool option, which enables plug-and-play software updates, settings adjustments and calibrations, with full error code readouts for simple diagnosing and troubleshooting.
- Proportional joystick lift and drive functionality provides the enhanced controllability and smooth handling adapted for tasks that demand high-precision positioning.
- Commonality in design, parts and accessories with other models of the GS scissor lift range, as well as serviceability benefits to reduce service costs and storage space.