Following the launch of the all-new Kobelco SK75SR-7 and SK85MSR-7 at BAUMA in April, customers have already been putting the machines to work on jobsites all across Europe. From simple construction projects and road building to agriculture and housebuilding, these versatile next-generation midi excavators have been demonstrating their superior performance, greater efficiency and productivity, reinforcing their position as leaders in the mid-range category.
Demonstrating their early popularity across central Europe, a number of SK75SR-7 and SK85MSR-7 excavators have already been sold to customers in Scandinavia, UK, Benelux, France, Austria and Germany. Early feedback from these customers indicates that the improved productivity, new-look cabin interior and latest technological features were the main reasons for choosing the new machines for their fleet.
The SK75SR-7 and SK85MSR-7 were launched in 2019 as a result of increasing demand for mid-sized excavators in Europe. Several years of research and development, including consultation with our European dealers and customers on the previous SK75SR-3 and SK85MSR-3, provided us with valuable insight, enabling us to make significant improvements to the new models. Some of these key improvements include:
- an increase of 20mm between the machine’s upper structure and undercarriage to reduce damage by rocks.
- improved blade geometry for operation in the mountainous regions.
- 15% reduction in digging cycle time and 37% increase in arm digging speed for improved productivity.
- 27.9% increase in engine output for increased performance.
- 14% increase in bucket digging force (from 52.7 to 60.3 kN) for superior power when working in areas of hard ground.
In addition, the SK75SR-7 and SK85MSR-7 benefit from short radius designs, making them ideal for working on jobsites where space is limited, such as in residential areas. The inclusion of Kobelco’s innovative iNDr (Integrated Noise and Dust Reduction Cooling System) Stage V emissions compliance also reinforces the machines’ urban working credentials.
Offering one of the most sophisticated operator cabins in class, particular care and attention has been given to ensure the SK75SR-7 and SK85MSR-7 provide the ultimate in comfort and safety. As well as a new larger size cabin, a Kobelco-branded Grammer heated air suspension seat is installed as standard for excellent shock absorption and superior operator comfort, and the armrests and joystick moves with the seat for optimum working position.
Other key features of the ROPS and FOPS II-compliant cabin include:
- operation levers can be moved horizontally in order to reduce operator fatigue.
- fuel consumption can be monitored and the machine’s three working modes (Eco, S and H-mode) can be changed via the large 10-inch colour multi-display in the cabin.
- LED-spec work lights and rear/side cameras provide excellent visibility on site.
- Conveniently located maintenance related items at the right hand side of the machine for easy access.
- FOPS II guard can be opened for window maintenance.
The SK75SR-7 is available with fixed monoboom and offset boom configurations. The SK85MSR-7 is available with swing monoboom and can also be fitted with a two-piece boom. This special two-piece configuration enables operators to work across a wide operating range while still providing smooth hydraulic operation, high performance and increased fuel efficiency, and gives more digging space within the same area.
To find out more about the Kobelco SK75SR-7 and SK85MSR-7 and a full and easy to view directory of the European, Russia & CIS and Maghreb Kobelco dealer network, please visit www.kobelco-europe.com