Following the consolidation with Kobelco Cranes Co. Ltd on 1 April 2016, Kobelco Construction Machinery Co. Ltd. (KCM) has been reorganising and consolidating its group companies across the globe. As part of this, KCM will implement a reorganisation of the business structure in Europe in order to improve efficiency, strengthen product development capabilities and effectively utilise management resources.
The sales and service of hydraulic excavators in Europe are currently carried out by Kobelco Construction Machinery Europe B.V. (KCME) in The Netherlands, and the sales and service of cranes are handled by Kobelco Cranes Europe Ltd. (KCE) in the UK*. Following the reorganisation, a new company in The Netherlands will serve as the European regional headquarters, overseeing the sales and service of both hydraulic excavators and cranes in Europe.
Outline of new company
- Company name: Kobelco Construction Machinery Europe B.V. (KCME)
- Representative: Makoto Kato (Managing Director)
- Headquarters: Almere, The Netherlands
- Stockholder: Kobelco Construction Machinery Co. Ltd. (100%)
- Purpose: Sale and service operations of hydraulic excavators and cranes in Europe, Russia (CIS), North Africa (French-speaking regions) and Israel
- Employees: 60
- Date of consolidation: 31 December 2017