Due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19), buildingSMART International (bSI) has some major announcement to make regarding events, meetings and the Solutions and Standards program.
In their the official announcement, buildingSMART say: “We remain open for business and are taking every step to facilitate online and virtual working during the current extraordinary circumstances.”
buildingSMART International (bSI) and buildingSMART Norway (bSN) made an early judgement to delay the International Standards Summit in Lillestrøm, Norway from 23-26 March to 8-11 June 2020. Considering the escalating situation, bSI and bSN have taken steps to further delay this Summit to the autumn of 2020. bSI and buildingSMART Canada have also reset the International Standards Summit in Montreal, Canada to 2021. There are some other significant announcements you can find listed below.
Important Date Changes:
- The International Standards Summit, Lillestrøm, Norway will now take place 5-8 October 2020 in the same location. More information here.
- The International Standards Summit, Montreal, Canada will now be held in the Autumn 2021.
- The International Council will take place online on 9th June 2020. More information here.
- The Chapter Conference will take place in Lillestrøm, Norway, 9th October 2020. More information here.
- Solutions and Standards Virtual Meetings to take place online in May (dates to be announced).
- Strategic Advisory Council will take place virtually on 10 June and in-person Lillestrøm in October. More information here.
- The International Standards Summit in Zurich, Switzerland remains unaffected and will take place on 15-18 March 2021. More information here.
bSI will be using the Event Calendar as a primary reference point to communicate about all buildingSMART events. We encourage you to check this regularly.